Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pork Flautas

So I wasn't sure what a flautas was, so I googled it. Well, it's pretty much the same thing as a taquito, which thanks to the frozen section at the grocery I have actually heard of. It's a filled up and rolled up flour shell (main difference from a taquito, which uses a corn shell). Also in some areas of Mexico flautas are longer and more likely to be served as a main dish. Hope that clears that up...

Pork Flautas



Review: Tasty with some toppings. We had sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.

Changes: There wasn't much direction on seasonings, so I kind of just threw them in there. I think it would possibly work better to use a bit of seasoning from a taco seasoning packet. Probably 2 tablespoons.

Served With: Steamed corn.

Our dilemma, how to eat this... Would you eat this with a fork or fingers?

No comments: