Monday, August 15, 2011

Slow-Cooker Cranberry Pork

Slow-Cooker Cranberry Pork

1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
1/3 cup fat free Catalina salad dressing
1 onion, sliced
4 3/4" thick pork loin chops

Review: Simple! I really enjoyed the sauce. Meat was dry, but that was my fault.

Changes: I didn't want to buy pork loin roast, since I just got some chops on sale a week ago. So I used the chops, but didn't adjust the cooking time enough. I did 1.5 hours on high and 1.5 on low.

Served With: Fresh green beans and wheat bread.

Abigail even helped me tonight! As I cut the onions she put them in the bowl. I would like to learn to incorporate her more in the things I do. She wants to be around and help, so put her to work! She also helped unload the dishwasher, bringing me items to put on the shelves.

Nick just found out he is going to be out of town Wednesday through Friday. I've got to learn to be flexible! I'm not sure what I'm going to do for dinner Thursday night now... I enjoy sharing dinner with another adult and I never know how much Abigail is going to eat, so it doesn't really feel worth it to cook for just the two of us. 

1 comment:

Amy Hall said...

Flexibility is the key! :) I would still make the meal and decide if you like it :)!